Saturday, June 13, 2015

Bring Me That Horizon

I'll admit, I was a little salty when Blizzard announced that there would be no flying in Draenor.  I thought the way they did it in Pandaria was the right way, making you experience the content before letting you fly.  They worked hard on those settings so I think every player should experience it in its grounded glory at least once, but after that it just gets old.  Sometimes you want to get from point A to point B as quickly as possible, and generally the way to do that is to fly.

I was disappointed when they said there would be no flying in Draenor.  It felt like some mean clown was bonking me on the head and going HAHA.  Or something like that.  They had put these cool flying mounts in the sotre, and we couldn't fly them?  Like the Iron Skyreaver.  It's Draenor-themed, and it flies, and we can't fly it in the place it's themed after?  I call shenanigans.  Plus, let's be honest, its run is hella janky.

You mean I'm grounded?
However, there was some quality of life improvements to make up for the lack of flying.  Flight paths are way more intelligent, not just looping all around like the old ones.  They're faster and more efficient.  Thought I was disappointed in no flying, I wasn't gonna go around bitching about it.  It is what it is.

But now, we get flying, yay!  I have some work to do.  It's gated behind a hell of an achievement:  Draenor Pathfinder.  The requirements are as follows:

  • Explore all the regions of Draenor
  • Complete 12 Draenor bonus objectives
  • Become Revered with all three factions in the Tanaan Jungle
  • Loremaster of Draenor
  • Master Treasure Hunter

I have some serious work to do.  I don't think I have any of the requirements fulfilled.  I haven't done a single bonus mission either.  But you know, I think this achievement is a happy medium in this whole debacle.  These requirements force you to explore the content, which I think is really what they want everyone to do.  I think it's pretty fair.