Thursday, October 15, 2015

Games I'm Most Excited for from E3

Another E3 has come and gone.  I'd say it was a good year for gaming.  So much cool stuff is on the horizon.  I looked at the games they announced and showed trailers for and I compiled a list of all the games I'm most hyped for.

1. Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
I've never played an Assassin's Creed game, but I've wanted to since they started churning them out.  During the Steam Sale the last couple weeks I bought a bunch of them so I'm going to start playing them.  I'm very excited because this one features a female protagonist (about time!).

2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
This is another game I haven't actually played the series of, but it's on my wishlist!  The trailer looked cool and this game also has a playable female protagonist, so I wanna catch up on the other Mass Effect games so I can play this one.

3. Fable Legends
I haven't played a game in this series either (are we seeing a theme here?).  It has a playable female protagonist, which is always a hook for me, and apparently this is a prequel so I don't even have to play the other Fable games to understand this one (though if I like it I probably will).

4. Tom Clancy's the Division
I'm not actually a survival game player.  The whole post-apocalyptic disease kills all the people thing never did anything for me, but I think this game looks really interesting and looks like it a unique take on the genre.  I'm really interested in where this game goes.

5. Overwatch
I've been excited about this game since I saw the trailer at BlizzCon.  It looks kind of like a cartoon CoD.  I'm thinking I'll probably be playing Widowmaker the most since sniper type characters tend to be my shtick, but Tracer looks really fun too.  I can't wait till open beta.

6. Call of Duty: Black Ops III
I've played a little Call of Duty over the years but not very much.  I just bought Advanced Warfare during the Steam sale though so I'll brush up on my trigger finger until this comes out.  For someone who's generally a pacifist, I actually really love shooters.

7. Destiny: The Taken King
I don't have original Destiny yet but it's on my list.  This is the second DLC and it looks like it's adding some cool features.

8. Kingdom Hearts III
I have been waiting for this game my whole entire life.  Like my whole life guys.  Kingdom Hearts has been my jam since middle school and I am unbelieveably hyped about this game.  The Tangled world from the gameplay trailer looks stunning and I may actually have to watch Tangled now since I haven't actually seen it.  I hope it includes maybe a cameo return to previous world like Atlantica or Halloween Town.  Those were always my favorites.

9. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
This is part of a series I've never heard of but it looks like an interesting game so I'll be watching to see where it goes.

10. Rise of the Tomb Raider
I tried playing a Tomb Raider game when the first movie came out but I was too young to get how to play it.  During the Steam sale I bought a bunch of Tomb Raider games, including the last one, so I'll catch up on those in preparation for this.  I hope Lara's a little less whiny in it.  I also hope they release it for PS3 or Windows.

11. Street Fighter V
Oh Street Fighter.  A video gaming stable since I was a wee little lass.  I'm pretty excited about this game.  I like fighting games and I've always like Cammy so I hope she's in it.  I'm gonna kick ass with her.

12. Star Wars: Battlefront
I super excited for this.  I played the original Star Wars: Battlefront and Star Wars: Battlefront II on PS2 all the time.  Sometimes me and my brother would play together and it was one of the only times we ever got along.  There is some serious nostalgia going on here.