Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Resto Druid Guide Part 2: Glyphs

Blaugust Day 3


This is my currently glyph setup.  I think these are the optimal glyphs for a raiding restoration druid, barring special circumstances.  I'll tell you the ones I chose and what the other viable alternatives are.


Major Glyphs

Glyph of Stampeding Roar is very useful.  It's especially useful after you need to run back after a wipe.  There will be circumstances where it is helpful to give your whole raid a speed boost, like I pop it during the Heartseeker mechanic on Kilrogg, or during the runes on Kormrok, or during the phases on Garrosh where you get pulled into the other zones.

Glyph of Wild Growth is my second pick.  It's very good for raiding because it adds another additional target for Wild Growth, and Wild Growth is probably going to be one of your top three heals.  I don't even notice the extra two seconds added to the CD.

Glyph of Healing Touch is great.  You should ALWAYS be using Nature's Swiftness on cooldown, and to do that it's best to macro it into something.  Healing Touch is our spam spell so this should help a lot to reduce the cooldown.

Minor Glyphs

The only required glyph is Glyph of the Sprouting Mushroom. The effect this ability gives is almost mandatory.  It's way more convenient to place the mushroom in the exact spot you want it than to try to pick a target to stick it under.

My two other glyphs I have are Glyph of Aquatic Form and Glyph of the Orca.  The speed boost is useful if you're running away from an enemy or trying to get somewhere.  And let's just face it... orcas are beautiful.  However the mutant walrus original swim form has its own special charm.

Alternatives

Glyph of Rebirth can be a great utility glyph, but I find that I just prefer the other ones.  If it's a fight where you won't need to move much and there's no Oh SHIT mechanics to avoid, you may consider taking this.  Or if your group tends to a die a lot.

Glyph of Rejuvenation can be useful, but I choose not to use it because it takes up too much mana to maintain three Rejuvenations at a time.

Glyph of the Treant is a cute glyph that is a throwback to the olden days of Resto.  It makes you a tree.  I'm kinda sad they glyphed it because I liked being a tree but I guess at least now I can see my transmog.  You could sacrifice a cosmetic glyph for this one if you desperately want leaves.  Plus the Blossoming Ancient matches it!  It can be your little baby tree.


That's it for Part 2, stay tuned for Part 3!