Saturday, October 17, 2015

Something is the Better Part of Valor

The title, because I had to.

Patch 6.2.3 will be on the PTR soon.  This is a little weird since we have been explicitly told we wouldn't get any more content in Warlords of Draenor.  I'm not going to go over it all because you can read the patch notes for that shit, but I just want to give my thought on stuff I have... thought about.

Timewalking

There will be new timewalking dungeons from Cataclysm in addition to Magister's Terrace and Pit of Saron during their expansions' respective weeks.

They will be:

End Time

Grim Batol

Lost City of Tol'vir

Stonecore

The Vortex Pinnacle

Throne of the Tides

A few of these I am interested in.  End Time was one of my favorite dungeons during Cataclysm.  I have to wonder if the mounts that drop will drop for timewalking?  I believe Stonecore and Vortex Pinnacle both have mounts that drop from a boss.  I have the Vortex Pinnacle mount already though.
There will also be a new mount for Cataclysm timewalking: the Infinite Timereaver.  Blizzard KNOWS I can be bribed with mounts.  SOLD.

I have to wonder if they had been planning this all along and just didn't tell us, or pulled this out of their ass because they needed new content.  Either way, I think plenty of people will be interested in doing it.

The Return of Valor
Oh dear god whyyyyyy.  I just don't get it.  Unless I can buy a mount or a pet with valor, I do not give any fucks.

Cross-Realm Mythic

I think this is a good thing.  Maybe someone's on a low pop server or their guild isn't that good at raiding but they want to do mythic, this will make it a lot easier for those people to do mythic.

Grove Warden
Defeating Archimonde in mythic difficulty will now award a quest item that you turn in and get a mount.  I talked about the Grove Warden in an earlier post.  We didn't know before how the mount would be obtained.  I have to wonder why they're adding this now while the raid has been out for a while.  I am just glad this isn't a store mount because I'd have to be fiscally irresponsible and buy it.


Pics from Wowhead or Google.