Tuesday, November 10, 2015

World of Warcraft: Legion - Game Systems


1. Artifacts


It appears that artifact weapons might have special abilities?  The example was the affliction warlock weapon, the Deadwind Harvester, which is a soulstealing weapon.  That means attacks cause you to do increased damage for a time.  So I'm wondering if all the weapons will have flavor abilities like that.

You upgrade your item using Artifact Power, which can be gained through multiple means.  These include bosses, PVP, rare items you loot, and rare spawns.  I'm wondering if there is a cap, or is it unlimited?  I like the ability trees that the weapons have, it's like in the shape of the weapon and vaguely reminds me of the web of abilities you can give party characters in Final Fantasy X.  I'm also wondering if the tree you've created is linked to the weapon itself or your spec.  If you switch to a different spec, maybe you have the same spec but a different version for PVE and PVP, can you have different weapon trees for each spec or is it locked regardless of spec?

You can socket Relics into your weapon to increase its base abilities.  I'm curious if there's a limit to how many you can use or if you could like upgrade 1 ability 100 times and it's perfectly fine.  I can really see people who farm more being able to stomp over people who play less and haven't gotten as many relics.

2. Class Halls


Ok, I really want the druid class hall to be in a giant tree.  Just throwing that out there.

Of course, 5 minutes later we get... The Dreamgrove.  Don't get me wrong, it's gorgeous, but I was really hoping for a giant tree.  Maybe it has a giant tree.

Class Halls will have Class Champions in it, which I think is a really neat idea.  We've been meeting and bonding with these characters and now we can work alongside them in a way we haven't before.  Class Champions I am hoping for for druids are maybe Aviana, Cenarius, Malorne, Malfurion, Hamuul Runetotem, Choluna, Theresa Barkskin, Morthis Whisperwing, Thisalee Crow, Keeper Taldros, Arthron Windsong, or Rayne Feathersong.

There will be events in your class hall.  And I feel like I called it because that guy in the bottom picture looks like Taldros.  Finally we are getting armor stands to show off old tier sets, which people in the transmog community have been calling for forever.  Druid get something called a Dreamway which I guess is some sort of portal to other natural places in the world.  So if you wanna go on a nature sightseeing adventure I guess that's where it's at.  Warriors get a sparring arena which sounds pretty dope.  Every class get a 'Death Gate' ability to portal to their class hall and then return to where they were, which sounds awesome.

3. Demon Hunters

They talked a bit about Demon Hunters but didn't really say anything they didn't say before.  To me, they just look like melee warlocks.  I'm interested in what they do with them but right now I'm not so excited.  I am, however, excited to create one because they look super badass.

I wish they'd somehow managed to come up with a second spec.  Maybe something that has the glaives, but maybe they float in the air and you attack from a distance with a glaives by controlling them telekinetically?  If anyone's seen RWBY, think how Penny controls her knives but on a bigger scale.  (On a different note, Blogger wants to replace 'glaives' with 'laxatives'.  Sure, why not.)

4. Classes

I'm glad they're simplifying the class abilities.  They're doing away with the majority of the charges, runes, and all that crap.  I think that should make it much easier to play the classes.  Especially for me, because I don't really play melee much so not having to worry about runes and stuff will make it easier on me.

I enjoy the class fantasy aspect of the game.  As my druid, I am a nurturing healer, fixing you with the power of leaves.  As my mage, I am a scholar seeking the secrets of the universe.

I like what they've done to disc priests, by making Atonement their primary mechanic.  Right now you can be Atonement but you don't have to, but now they'll be just Atonement healers which I think is great to distinguish them from Holy.

I don't have a rogue but the ninja fantasy they're going for with the Subtlety rogue kinda makes me want to play one.  I might use my boost on a rogue.

Basically, Demonology warlocks are gonna be MOAR DEMONS.  I think that sounds so exciting, to just send out a horde of demons to gank someone.  If anyone has played City of Villains, I'm thinking that the new demo warlock should be something like a Mastermind and you just have your own mini army.

As far as the changes to Guardian Druids, I don't really care.  Dodge, health, it's all fine and dandy.  Everything is bears.

I don't play a shadow priest, but the new class fantasy for them with the Old Gods and Insanity does sound really cool. I may have to fire up my old priest and give that a whirl.

They are revamping talent trees again and making new talents and taking old ones out.  I'm interested to see what they do but it's not something I'm really hyped about yet.

5. Professions

They are making changes to professions, and trying to make them more immersive.  I think that's a fine idea but I'll have to see how they implement it.  Most people don't like what they did for professions in Warlords, but I really like how they streamlined it all.  I don't want it to be a big ordeal.  Professions get their own big storyline, but what about alts?  I don't want to do the same questline on every one of my Enchanters.  Come on now.

I feel like the shared nodes thing is really going to tank markets for ore and herbs.  Prices will be dirt low.  Part of the fun of gathering is the competition!  Of course, being a druid, I'm usually the jackass bat swooping down and stealing someone's flower, but still...

Recipe Ranks are... interesting.  But I kind of like just learning one recipe and that's that.  I don't want it to be all complicated.  Also, I think this may screw up markets as well.  Only the people who have learned the final tier of a recipe will be able to sell their stuff, except people buying stuff for alts of course.

However, I am living what they did to the UI.  It was a much needed change.  Now you won't need addons to see what stuff you don't know because it's just right there.

The Obliterum mechanic sounds like a good idea.  Something different to do with the 10 rings you made before you go the one  you wanted, plus you can upgrade gear and maybe make it last a little longer.

I think the Vantus runes sound cool.  Say your raid group is having a real shit time on a particular boss, well you can just bring a rune to the fight and maybe that will give you the edge you need to get that kill.  I think that will help out a lot of groups with their progression.

Aww, Nomi's all growed up, guys.  That's a really cute flavor thing that sort of ties the expansions together.  We were in Pandaria.  We did something there and now we're somewhere else but there's someone who remembers us being there.  You know?

My druid is a vegetarian!  Can I get some tofu bacon?

Haha fishing.  He was so accurate when he said fishing is about what you're gonna watch on your second monitor.  I always either listen to a podcast or watch Netflix while I fish.

6. Items

Legendaries will be dropping in Legion, apparently as random world drops.  Remember in the Incredible where the bad guy says something along the lines of, "When everyone's super, no one will be."?  Yeah I feel like that.  When everyone's running around with a legendary, will they be legendary anymore, or just an ugly shade of orange.  At least it used to be a SPECIAL ugly shade of orange.

Duplicate personal loot can be traded now.  Thank GOODNESS.  I swear I'll save my rolls for just 1 boss, roll on it, and they the same pair of bracers for the 10th time and it makes me want to punch babies.  At least now someone can use it instead of just DEing it.  (Another note:  you know you play too much WoW when you are sorting things to recycle and in your head you think disenchant instead of recycle...  Yes, I do this.  I'm disenchanting a pile of cardboard.)

TRANSMOG GUYS.  I am so glad they are changing this.  It's great for us fashionistas but us collectors are dying.  Now you just save the look and toss it.  I'd love it if they added a way to sort by color and style, or create your own categories.  They could really go far with this.  I'm glad the UI shows how the item actually looks on your character instead of just the item's icon because that could get very confusing very fast if you have a big collection.  They are retconning every item you've ever gotten from a quest and giving it to you automatically when you log into Legion.  I... what?  You can do this?  They are really going above and beyond to fix the transmog system.  In addition, every item you have in your bags, bank, and Void Storage automatically gets added to your collection.  With no clothes, my void storage will be empty.  And thank Cenarius, we can hide our shoulder now.  Halle-fucking-luja.

THE TABARD CLOSET HOLY SHIT.  I have a collection of tabards on my mage, so... Blizzard, you are my bae.  Will we also get tabards retroactively that we may have earned but deleted?  I hope so.

I am really excited about some features and iffy about others, but it's looking really promising right now.

Picture Count: 50+

I almost feel like I cheated because Blizzcon was a goldmine.