Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Retrospective



Google
I feel like 2015 has been a year of growth for me.  Thought I'm not exactly where I want to be, I am making progress toward trying to be the me that I want to be.

Things I have accomplished this year include:

1. Working out some of the kinks of this blog and posting on it regularly.

2. Making it through a whole year of school.

3. Getting on medication for my stomach troubles instead of just trying to muddle through it on my own.

4. Finally starting to see a therapist.

5. Having a regular job the entire year.

6. Paying off my medical debts.

7. Going to a convention and leaving home for 3 days without having a panic attack.

8. Finally getting around to painting some of my furniture, putting up shelves for my plushies, and generally making my room feel more 'me'.

9. I completed IntPiPoMo and Blaugust.

10. Found a guild to raid with for the foreseeable future.

This is by no means an exhaustive list, but this is what I can think of.

I feel like 2015 was just the first step, however.  It will take more work for me to be in a better place emotionally and mentally.  For 2016, I would like to accomplish some things.  This isn't exactly a list of resolutions, because I think resolutions should be more like steps and not end results or you won't ever get them done.

But these are some things I want to do:

1. Read more books.

2. Watch more anime.

3. Play more games.

4. Get healthier, physically and mentally.

5. Get my driver's license.

6. Start a YouTube channel.

7. Save money.

8. Stop spending money on fast food!

9. Continue to post regularly.

10. Make more friends.

I don't think my goals are too lofty.  It's going to take breaking them up into steps to achieve the end result, and it may not even happen in 2016.  It may take longer, but I think as long as I make progress, it's okay that it isn't perfect.

Happy New Year.