Tuesday, December 8, 2015

How to Level Multiple Battle Pets Quickly


So I have this method I do every day to level as many battle pets as possible, quickly and efficiently, in quick succession.  I'm making great progress on leveling my little menagerie, even though I'm far from done.  What I'm hoping is that I'll have all my pets upgraded to rare quality and at level 25 by the time Legion comes out so I'm not working on a backlog when I should be working on Legion pets.  Here's my method.

This method hinges on already having a large amount of pets and a large stable of alts with menageries, so this method is not for beginners or newbies.  It is, however, fast.  See this post to see what addons I use for pet battling.  It makes life so much easier.

What I first do when I log in is see what is up on the challenge post in the menagerie.  Rematch loads your team automatically so you don't need to track down the appropriate pets, and the same pets will stay loaded between character switches.  I go through all my alts and defeat the menagerie and Kura whenever I find her. This should give you plenty of pet charms.  I send all my charms to my main character and buy 3 each of Pet Treat and Lesser Pet Treat.

I recommend that your pets be no less than level 10 before you take them to the Draenor trainers to be power leveled.  That's where 1 each of the pet charms come in.  I send them to my mage because that's just easier for me, then go to Pandaria.  The Vale of Eternal Blossoms is the best place I've found to get level 1 pets to level 10.  That's because 99% of the pet battles start with either a strider or a moth.  The moths will usually use a weak attack that won't even kill a level 1 pet.  The striders usually open with a heal (sometimes they open with a poison, so if that happens just end the battle and restart it and they'll usually open with a heal this time).


I have my leveling pet in the top slot and an ashwing moth and a sprite darter hatchling in the supporting slots.  Magic and flying abilities are all you need, so any combination of pets with flying abilities and magic abilities as support is the way to go.  Just smack the enemy once then switch out to the appropriate pet.  With the treats and your safari hat, the pet will be to level 10 in a few battles.  I just level pets for the full hour and stop when they're level 10.  Make sure to bring plenty of bandages.  The only pet I've found this doesn't work on is the bush chicken, because its only ability available at level 1 continues for 3 rounds and by then it gets killed.  So just level that up to 10 with stones and call it good.

After you have some level 10 pets ready to be power leveled, go back to Draenor and engage the tamers.  Make sure to use your second set of pet treats.  Here's a map of my route.


After I finish the route, I hearth to Vol'mar, take the portal to Warspear, then take the portal to Orgrimmar, and finally take the portal to Pandaria.  From Honeydew Village I take another route through all the tamers there, including the spirits.


For the most part I use Hazel's strategies.  They work like a charm and the only one I haven't memorized is the one for the Thundering Pandaren Spirit because it's a complicated pain the the ass, so every time I fight it I have to look up the video on my phone so I can follow it.

It should only take 2 battles to get your leveling pet to no higher than 24.  After that I just use a battle stone so I don't waste any valuable pet experience.  Eventually you'll have to use the last 2 pet treats to finish the route, so make sure to keep an eye on the remaining time.

After my entire route is done, if I'm in the mood I'll use the rest of the time on the pet treats and go back to the Vale and level baby pets until it expires.  If I don't feel like it I hearth back to my garrison.  Then go through and use leveling stones on your pets just a few levels under 25, or you could buy stones to make them rare.  Those stones no longer knock down your pet's levels.  I alternate between finishing them off to 25 and upgrading to rare because I don't like to leave them at just under level 25.  Makes it feel more complete to me.

So that's how I do it.  If you need help with a pet strategy just ask me and I'll be happy to help.  Happy leveling!