Thursday, May 19, 2016

Popping the Gold Cap


It was recently announced that the gold cap is going to be raised to 9,999,999 gold.  It is currently 999,999 gold.  I have to say I'm not happy about the change.

I'm no auction house baron but I do decently well for myself.  I currently have 100k and I tend to hover between 50k and 150k.  It's not very difficult to make gold right now so I'm taking advantage of my multiple garrisons while I can.

Logically I can see why they'd want to raise the gold cap.  Some players have made so much gold through garrisons that they're starting to cap out on multiple characters.  I have read that this change will make it more difficult to instantly cap auctions and will help with inflation, but I'm not an economist so this goes in one ear and out the other for me.

What I'm worried about is dickbags overpricing things on the Auction House.  Presumably, gold will be comparatively harder to get in Legion.  I'm worried that prices will rise as the rate of gold acquisition among average players will decrease.  I already see things for the current gold cap on the auction house.  With a higher gold cap, those things will be even further out of reach for the average player like me.  It's just a bummer.  Maybe I should borrow the gold and buy a Spectral Tiger while I can.